Parent & Student Resources
VIRTUAL LEARNING RESOURCES
Partner School in France - College Georges Charpak
About Moody Middle School:
The building that is now George H. Moody Middle School was initially opened in 1951 as Hermitage High School, and Mr. George H. Moody was appointed its first principal. He served in this capacity until 1956, when he received a series of administrative appointments culminating in him becoming the Superintendent of Henrico County Public Schools. Following the opening of the new Hermitage High School on Hungary Springs Road in 1972, the building on Woodman Road became known as Hermitage Middle School. On November 5, 1978, Hermitage Middle School was renamed to honor George H. Moody, and he remained active in the life of the school during his retirement. George H. Moody Middle School is located in the Brookland District of Henrico County.