Be Mindful of Peanut Allergies

Dear Parents,

At George H. Moody, we have students who have severe peanut/bean allergies.  These students must avoid all peanut/bean products, such as peanut butter crackers, packaged peanuts, etc.  This is the only way to prevent a life-threatening allergic reaction for these students.  We are asking for your assistance in providing a safe learning environment for all of our students.

The greatest potential for exposure to peanut/bean products is when the students are in school.  We are asking you to please be mindful of this when providing food items for your child to eat during snack time, field trips, school dances, or other activities that may occur before, during, or after school.  Please remind your child that the sharing of any food item is prohibited because of the potential risk of allergic reactions for the students who have these allergies.

Lunch is always served in the cafeteria and your child may bring peanut/bean products for lunch, since there is a designated peanut/bean table.  This plan will help maintain safety while allowing non-allergic classmates to enjoy peanut/bean products in a controlled environment.

We appreciate your support and cooperation.

Ms. Purcell, RN
School Nurse